Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Babies are Like Software

Ordinarily I wouldn’t do this, but I have a new lady in my life.

IMG_0490 

And, although this may be a bit of a stretch, this is a blog about Zen Coding, so I will try and find a way to relate babies to software, specifically non-Agile and poorly designed software:

  1. They require constant supervision, nurturing, and maintenance
  2. They acquire “bad smells
  3. They are completely un-testable
  4. They do not communicate effectively
  5. They come with long-term maintenance costs
  6. You build for 40 weeks and don’t see the result until the end

But, they are very cute. My wife and I want to thank you everyone for the cards, flowers, cookies, and congratulations.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Brian. The fun is just beginning!
    --Robert

    ReplyDelete
  2. "They do their own load testing"
    "They work great in a sandbox environment"

    ReplyDelete